Ok…so I have been binging…on and off for basically the past five days…I hate it. There are a couple of things which I have become aware of.
1. My ‘weigh in day’ needs to be Tuesday and not Friday. Why? Because I weigh in on the morning of the day and then don’t care too much about my ‘points’ for the day. However, what has been happening is that Friday is a ‘splurge’ day and then Saturday is and then sometimes Sunday. I think that starting off the weekend being ‘free’ of tracking isn’t helpful. I am moving my day to Tuesday.
2. I am counting on food to fill in the cracks. I have noticed, recently, that my job isn’t exactly what I have wanted it to be. What am I doing? EATING. I am rummaging through whatever I can get my hands on in an attempt to distract myself from the things that I don’t want to do. That’s emotional eating..that’s very dangerous.
3. I am turning my hunger switch off. I am refusing to listen to my body. I haven’t actually been able to listen to my body ever. I think sometimes that I am afraid not to eat lunch, or and meal because I don’t feel hungry. I have this ingrained mentality to eat brekky, lunch, dinner, snacks, etc. You should eat all of those meals. I was not hungry for dinner tonight, but I ate it anyway because I should always have dinner.
4. I need sleep.
5. I have to give up sugar. I say this every time, but honestly it’s my crack. I have to let it go.
Goals for this week:
1. Stick to counting point for the rest of the week
3. Listen, honestly, to my body and shove out ‘voices’ of childhood that say I have to do things a particular way.
Good it feels good to be honest. I feel like crying, because I feel like I have sabotaged a lot of what I’ve worked very hard for. BUT, I know that these five things which I have mentioned above are the key element to me losing the last 16lbs.
Thanks for listening!