I had this realisiation last night, after I have eaten all this crappy food…sugar laden, diet coked, splenda sweetened.
WHAT THE HELL AM I PUTTING INTO MY BODY?
How did this happen?
1. We live in a society that is always to trying to lose weight, but eat more. Trying to find substitutes so that we can indulge but not be penalised.
–How about we just stop?
2. We live in a world that constantly wants more, never is satisfied, wants to escape from our realities. There was an article recently that stated, even though the economy is doing horrible the Wii is flying off the shelves. Why? Because people want to escape. We use, entertainment to escape our lives. But everything that we use is so false, it creates a very false sense of reality.
–The Wii is not a reality alternative that is healthy for long periods of time. Watching a Shakespeare play, a much better alternative.
What I realise last night as I was shoving crap into my face
1. Indulge, then ask yourself was it worth it?
–Nope, I felt like shit and quite honestly I wont ever do it again.
2. I am not putting anything unhealthy into my body anymore on a regular basis. I have to overcome this ingrained mentality that it’s ok to shove myself full of crap because of a list of reasons. It isn’t. My one exception: moderate amounts of red wine.
–We only have one go.
3. Splenda, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Diet Coke w/ Vitamins (?), WW desserts (which taste like plastic), WW Frozen meals, etc. They are all just masks for thing which 1. aren’t good for you anyways 2. they are totally processed so they can’t be any better.
–My food has to be naked of processed.
Naked healthy food. That’s what it’s come back down for me. We were born naked…our food should be naked. No frumpy t-shirts, no black, no corsets, love handles. Just pure, unadultered food.