This morning I woke up after a great night out..cursing the ground that the 1/2 of sparkling shiraz walked on.I know that alcohol and I don’t really mix past a glass of wine. Then I got all crampy.
I tried to avoid my 1/2 marathon training 5 miler run.
I even put my laundry away.
Didn’t get to the dishes–didn’t want to push my luck too much.
But I got out there.
- First 10 minutes were fine
- 10-15 good
- 15-17 the mental chattered started. I was going into an area which I didn’t know and it was a lot hillier than I thought that it would be
- 17-20 I wanted to turn around. I took a walk break and told myself that I could take as many walk breaks as I needed
- 20-22 I REALLY wanted to quit. In fact I stopped and prayed
- 22-24 I was running up a hill screaming ‘YES I CAN’
- 24-31 took one walk break for 1 minute. Then I got into an area which I knew and I was on the home stretch which was good. I knew that I could do it.
- 31-36 one walk break and was feeling good.
- 36-40 I went down a path that wasn’t supposed to be gone down, I am a badass, and I took my shirt off. That’s right I was running a sports bra. My flab, my stretch mark. I didn’t care.
- 41 started clapping to the beat of Ricky Martin
- 41-50 I knew I was on the home stretch. I REALLY wanted to walk but I made myself do it
I know that there are heaps of you who are reading who have never ran a 1/4 of a mile or who run 31 miles. The point is that I honored myself today. I am exhausted. I was when I went out. But I am going to do it for myself and no one else.
I kept running 1 Peter 5:6-11 through my head. I screamed ‘YES I CAN’ and clapped along.
If you exercise, what do you keep running through your head?
Harnessing My Intuitive Self
Happy Easter from Down Unda’