This afternoon I decided that I needed to go for a run. I haven’t gone in awhile and have decided that I am not going to be setting this goal or that goal. I am deciding that this is a LIFESTYLE change.
Thus, I have done the following things:
- Thrown out the scale. I will got to WW once a week though. I like the community.
- I got in touch with my body. Last night I put on my jeans on and simply observe how they felt. They were tight. It was nice to be in touch with my body, to feel the way clothes fit and to think to myself..running will get me feeling better in this. Instead of ‘I am so fat’. You should do it. Get in touch with your body.
- I look at foods that aren’t good for me as poison..they are poison. You want to see what my intestine looks like with Candida…here ya go!when I eat things like sugar, drink alcohol etc..I increase the look of this. Thus, what ends up happening is these little patched of overgrowth then open up my intestinal wall for the toxins and food to get into my bloodstream and then go throughout my body. This then creates allergies.
- I am off Birth Control. I did some research and although there isn’t hard fast evidence that birth control can cause Candida or Celiac Disease it does for some people mess with the gut flora and balance of your intestines. I think it’s interesting that I’ve never had any problems and it only started after I went on the pill. I am not saying that Birth Control is bad, it works for millions of women and I would NEVER EVER think of taking that away for women. However, it has made me incredibly moody, and now if this is true perhaps has caused a bit of gut imbalance. There aint no men in my life to warrant being on it. I think for women it’s very acceptable to be on it, however I do think that there are side affects which women need to be aware of.
- Made a jar of a weeks worth of workoutsI cut them up and put them into a wine glass ;). I don’t like feeling like I have to work out. Isn’t that silly? So I put all of the training regimes that need to happen this week for my City2Surf Race. Everyday I lace up and go for whatever run I need to. Today it was the 5km.
I got home and was starving so I made some awesome 1/4 c. cereal and rice milk w/ 1/2 c. of berries and 10 almonds microwaved for 2 minutes.
I think that I had two more rice cakes and a touch of hummus.
For dinner Nicole and I had awesome fish fillets w/ Italian spices, Tomato/Cucu/Avocado/Carrot salad w/ balsamic, sweet potato and I had about 1/4ish of a cantaloupe!
Well I am off to go and watch Ladder 49! Have you seen it?
Tomorrow is my big day, the Blue Tounged War! I have 9lbs of cheese, 4 lbs of pasta…any idea what I am making. Stay tuned tomorrow for the Blue Tounged War post-cooking wrap up. I am super excited for it.