I have 21 days, from today, until my birthday..when I turn 25. My goals for that day have changed, because my habits are not healthy.
1. I have never made it through a week on WW without binging on Friday and Saturday and then coming back together partially on Sunday, doing well on Monday, binging on Tuesday, well on Wed, Thur, Weighing in on Friday.
2. I am addicted to sugar and caffeine
3. Promising myself to start over.
So, I want to cleanse myself before I turn 25 because
1. I want to be below 169lbs..which would be amazing and totally do-able if I focus
2. I want to relinquish myself from my need from sugar
3. I want to feel accomplished.
HOW DO I CREATE GOOD HABITS?
I googled: How to create healthy habits and came across this great blog
1. Talk is cheap..if you let it be
rather than holding a thought that you really ‘need to give up sugar’ or you really ‘want to give up sugar’, change your thoughts from those that sound obligatory or wishful to one of decision. ‘I have decided to give up sugar’.
2. Stop the suffocating thoughts
Change the focus from what you don’t want – in this case, sugar – to what you DO want in its place… healthier eating habits, for example
3. Visualise success
Everytime you think of sugar or reach for something sweet, go back to your new thought, “I have decided to eat healthily now.” Then notice what you are inspired to do in that moment. It may be to eat the sweets anyway; it may be to eat only a bite; it may be to bypass it altogether.
4. Keep it up
then come back to the new habit of thought you are creating, “I have decided to eat healthily now”. Spend another 30 seconds visualizing how it FEELS to be eating healthily and let it go. Keep repeating this process, being gentle with yourself in the moments you eat less than healthily, acknowledging the times when you ARE eating more healthily, and over time you will gradually change your habit for good!
5. Find a peace with yourself
ou can change a habit of thought such as “I rarely reach my goals in the timeframe I set, therefore I’m a failure” to “I know my goals are always reached in perfect timing, no matter what.” By being willing to change your perspective, you literally shift your energy from one of resistance to one of relaxation and allowing, and in that shift you become an open vortex for your goals to be realized much more easily, and truly in perfect timing!
It’s such an interesting time in my life right now. It’s a time when I am really focusing on what works for me and what doesn’t work for me. It’s a cleansing process throughout all aspects of my life. Not worrying about my relationship, not worrying about if my job is going to be a success. But the thing which I still struggle with, because I am not at peace with myself, is my eating and exercise.
So, what are the things which I can change?
- I have decided to give up anything with processed sugar
- I have decided to eat whole foods (meaning nothing white or processed)
- I have decided to drink at least 3 liters of water a day
- I have decided to focus on the results and not the excuses
These are things that I can do. Each day I’ll check back in..or update you about how I am doing. Basically it means being healthy. One thing that has inspired me in this is that one of my dear co-workers has found out that she’s pregnant. She hasn’t totally changed her diet, but she is more conscience of what she eats, ie. giving up chocolate right now because it has caffeine it in. WHAT IF EVERYONE ATE AS THOUGH THEY WERE PROVIDING THE MOST NURTURING ENVIRONMENT FOR SOMEONE ELSE? Yes, even men can think about this.
Here’s to deciding (water glass clink)!