Chili-Lime Beef/Tofu Goulash
1 serve (6.5 pts)
1/4 onion chopped
1/4 of white stem of leak sliced into thinish circles
3 garlic cloves chopped finely or pressed
1 TB of finely chopped ginger
1 TB of finely chopped chili (not-de-seeded for hot, de-seeded for milder)
2-3 mushrooms chopped large
1 tsp olive oil (1 pt)
100g of ground beef (3 pts)
100 g of hard tofu largely diced ( 2 1/2 pts)
1/4 of a zucchini, de-skinned and cut into large circle slices which are cut then into quarters.
4-6 mint leaves
small bunch coriander
2-3 cups of spinach
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat 1 tsp of oil in small skillet.
2. Add onion, leek, garlic, ginger, chili, mushrooms fry for about 4-5 minutes, make sure to stir the mixture so that they caramelise but don’t burn
3. Add 100 g of largely diced tofu and diced (de-skined) zuchinni to mixture. Squeeze 1/2 of the lime over the tofu
4. Cover with a lid and let steam/cook for about 2-3 minutes
5. Add beef. Mine was already cooked. If your’s isn’t. You might want to add before you add the tofu, then add the tofu.
6. Let the mixture cook for 1-2 more minutes.
7. Then turn the mixture down to about medium to medium-low heat
8. Place spinach on top of mixture and cover with lid for about 1-2 minutes until it starts to wilt.
(Below is the spinach–I ended up adding twice as much as in the picture–, plus the finely chopped coriander and mint)
9. Once spinach become wilted. Turn off the heat, remove and top with other 1/2 of lime, corrdiander and lime!