I swear to the gods of gold, white gold, platinum, tool, lace, tuxedos, and weddings that EVERYONE is either in a long term relationship, engaged, or married…and in some cases divorced.
Lets back track a bit here. My date went well. He’s paid for dinner, was intelligent, charming, kind, has a bit of fire and can handle his food spicy. He brought wine was was so nice…it was red..which makes my gut sad. But I had a glass to appease the fact that we went out of his way and planned ahead. Anyways it was a nice date. I have no idea what is going to go on with it…like I said before dating is like a bottle of red, you’ve got to let it breathe to make it great or it was just off from the start. I am not writing this post to say that I would marry or not marry this man, it’s just ironically times with my gut reaction to the idea of it. Well, maybe we had an intense conversation–which isn’t abdnormal for me–about abortion, gay marriage, USA–he’s American–and other topics which ‘aren’t first date material’–but then again I’ve never followed rules.
Which leads me to the next point…marriage makes me want to vomit. Honestly, it does. I saw some new photos of my friend Amy’s photos that she has taken of a marriage this weekend. I thought to myself I am SO not ready to be married. The thought of taking 10,000 pictures in an uncomfortable dress, while having cake fed to me is something that makes me want to vomit. I don’t know if the instant vomit reaction is due to one or more of the following reasons:
- I can’t imagine myself with anyone. I am SO enjoying my freedom and bliss right now of being single that I don’t feel like messing it up with this and that of dating. I hate games.
- It’s a lot of money to get married
- I have NEVER EVER found someone that I could honestly see myself with for the rest of my life.
- The thought of being committed to someone FOREVER (divorce isn’t an option in my brain) is overwhelming to me. I can’t really stand myself sometimes.
- Who would honestly want to deal with me forever.
Needless to say I think that being married is such a beautiful thing..for other people. I love going to weddings because (in theory) you’re seeing two people proclaim their undying love/commitment to one another. It’s blissful—for them.
That’s just my thought. I love being single.