Aplond Kale Rice
1 1/2-2 c. rice
1 small apple or 1/2 large apple
2 cloves garlic
2-3TB of almond chopped
2-3 tsp of olive oil
1/2 cup mushrooms
1 large Kale leaf
dash of cinnamon
*I would also add about 3TB of raisins..didn’t have any
1. Cut your apples and onions into small bites. Slice up your mushrooms if you didn’t get them on sale already sliced like me. Peel your garlic.
2. In a frying pan add 1 tsp of EVOO along with your crushed garlic, onions and apples. Fry up until they get a golden colour to them.
3. Add in the mushrooms and crushed almonds. I just take a thick heavy knife and crush them up on a cutting board.
4. What I did with the Kale is I cut the stem totally out of it. Just had the leafy bits. Then I chopped them up finely. I added about 1/4 c. of water to the frying pan then tossed the kale into the steam. Covered with a lid for about 2-3 minutes..until kale is wilted.
5. Add the rice and top off with about 1-2 tsp of olive oil.
6. Before serving top with a dash of cinnamon